Musical Theatre Audition Class with Nina Genatossio
About the Class:
Singing is a powerful form of storytelling. And what better way to express yourself than through the art of musical theatre! Every performer should have at least two "go to" songs in their pocket ready to go for an audition. In this course, you will work on two songs (one ballad and one up tempo) with recorded accompaniment. Together, we will work through character development, personal influences, and confidence of performing your musical choices. You will also have the opportunity to showcase your two pieces in a mock audition. All levels and backgrounds welcome!
The last day of class will be a mock audition. You will walk away with two songs ready to go and the recorded accompaniment.
Please sign up by February 17th so we can help you find your songs and get them recorded in advance. Only 8 spots available.
Originally from Worcester, MA, Nina received her BFA in Musical Theatre from Columbia College Chicago. Since moving to Los Angeles, she has participated in numerous workshops and classes, and made her Los Angeles debut in Open Fist Theatre Company's production of Neil Simon's Musical Fools.
1) Teach the ins and outs of auditioning for musical theatre.
2) How to successfully create an audition cut.
3) Confidence in chosing pieces and performing.
4) Making strong choices when picking/performing a piece.
Optional Items to Bring:
- A recording device so participants can hear their notes and hear their progress, without having to worry about writing anything down when they are performing. A free phone app works perfectly for this.
- A notebook to track progress and take notes would be wonderful, but a pen and paper will work too!
Dates and Times:
This is a six week course. All classes begin at 3:00pm pst.
Monday, February 22
Monday, March 1
Monday, March 8
Monday, March 15
Monday, March 22
Monday, March 29
You will be sent a zoom video link.